As a chaos solution engineer, you will also be empowered to explore and identify chaos engineering use cases in diverse areas such as service mesh environments, cloud-native security, etc..
- You will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of fault injection scenarios (crystallized into LitmusChaos experiments and workflows) for different popular cloud-native application workloads.
- This include databases (Percona MySQL, MongoDB, Datastax Cassandra, etc.,), message queues (Strimzi/Confluent Kafka) and storage providers (OpenEBS, Longhorn).
- This typically involves analysis of the various cloud-native use cases involving the aforementioned applications, their lifecycle management, points of failure, resilience checkpoints & steady-state hypothesis.
- The resulting experiments are expected to power the catalog available in hub.litmus chaos.io.
- The role also includes generating concise solution documentation around these chaos experiments, which can act as a ready-reckoner for SREs and DevOps engineers.
- The ability to present the findings from these experiments in meetups or conferences is a plus point and such activities are appreciated, though not mandatory.
- Alias with (specific) app communities pertaining to app categories in CNCF - identify, implement, publish, document and maintain chaos use cases
- Familiarity & usage experience of distributed systems.
- Knowledge of stateful applications in the CNCF landscape.
- Experience as an SRE or DevOps engineer actively involved in testing and maintaining deployment (staging/production) environments.
- Ability to code in Golang (preferred) or Python/Ansible.
- Market matching salary and benefits
- B.E/B.Tech/MCA (anyone with the above skills)
Preferred Experience Level
- 5+ years of industry experience
Team ChaosNative originally created the open source project LitmusChaos to drive the innovations around Cloud Native Chaos Engineering. Litmus is now a CNCF project with a large community of users and contributors. With a significant enterprise adoption of Litmus, ChaosNative provides commercial support to it’s worldwide customer base. ChaosNative develops solutions and other services in the area of chaos engineering and cloud native reliability.